The Gateway Advantage
Gateway is one of Canadas largest privately owned residential property management companies. We are looking for career oriented, dedicated people who aspire to work as a part of a team, yet possess the individual zeal to make a strong contribution to Gateway and ultimately their own success.
You can count on
Accessibility to every level of the organization.
Industry specific training and networking
A caring and accommodating workplace
Opportunity to work with dedicated people across Canada
“Having worked at Gateway for over 9 years, it was clear to me from the beginning that this was going to be a good fit. Gateways professional service and the quality of the experience we provide to our clients and our employees was the team I was definitely looking for and what keeps me here. I care deeply about my role in the company and am always looking for opportunities to do my share to ensure the quality experience continues for all.”
Payroll Administrator, Delta BC
“Gateway provides a very encouraging and family-oriented environment for its employees which translates out to the building level. I am fortunate to be part of a very strong team who go above and beyond to ensure that the buildings and corporations we manage are receiving the high level of service they deserve. There are many opportunities for growth within the corporation and I always feel like a valuable asset to this organization.”
Marketing Coordinator, Cambridge ON
A rewarding career is only a few clicks away. We're awaiting applications from dedicated professionals like you.
Caretaker – Victoria
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time, Caretaker to manage a rental building in Victoria, BC. The successful candidate will be motivated and professional, have excellent organization and communication skills, be detail-oriented, computer literate, work well in a team environment, be able to take direction and should be able to work with minimal supervision. Previous building management experience and working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act are definite assets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administrative work involved in the operation of the property, according to procedures and instructions set by the Property Manager,
- Deal with emergencies on a 24hr basis during the workweek,
- Book viewings of suites and interview potential tenants,
- Complete accurate detailed move in/out reports for each tenant and supervise moves to ensure security is maintained,
- Collect, deposit and record all rents,
- Maintain accurate files and tenant ledger cards for each resident and suite,
- Issue warning/breach letters to tenants when applicable, serve eviction notices to tenants when applicable,
- Comply with regulations as contained in the Residential Tenancy Act
- Supervise contractors and process invoices in a timely manner
- Request Purchase Orders for all work and/or supplies being undertaken at the property
- Prepare detailed Incident Reports related to accidents, altercations and damage to the property and/or other applicable incidents,
- Small repairs and maintenance,
- Satisfy fire code requirements,
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
If you are currently exploring a new career challenge in property operations, apply to email@example.com. Due to anticipated response, only those candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Please note this is a live-out position and that the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal background check.
We are currently looking for a full-time Maintenance Technician to join our team. The job will entail regular maintenance of the property which includes minor mechanical and plumbing repairs, drywall repairs, painting and snow removal.
Two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance
Level 1 pool operator certificate is considered an asset
Vehicle transportation is required to get to the property
Self-motivated with the ability to take directions and work without supervision
Has a professional work ethic
Excellent customer service and communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package and a great working environment to the right candidate, someone who:
- Is self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work without supervision
- Has a professional work ethic
- Has excellent customer service and communication skills
- Keeps the Maintenance Manager informed of work in progress and new maintenance needs
Apply by submitting a resume with contact details to Robert Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org